Friday, March 29, 2013

Just don't call him late for dinner

There's a lot of brou-ha-ha (Brou-ha-ha? Ha ha ha!) about Havok's rejection of being called "mutant" in Uncanny Avengers #5.

Which of course means that I had to re-letter several panels from the book.





Panels from Uncanny Avengers #5 (May 2013), script by Rick Remender, pencils by Olivier Coipel, inks by Mark Morales, colors by Laura Martin with Larry Molinar, letters by Chris Eliopoulos, redialogue and relettering by Bully the Little Stuffed Bull

Take that, Mister Reminder Remender! And you keep that hobo pee away from me!

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Personally I was more taken aback by the fact that this group is referred to as a "Unity Division". Talk about a contradiction in terms. Between that and "Don't call us mutants", you'd think this book was intended as a comedy.

SallyP said...

I will now call Alex, Mister Jingles from now on. It makes more sense than Havok anyway.

Blam said...


They used to call him Speedo but his real name is Mister Earl.

I agree with Erik about the unintentional irony (that an editor should have caught first) of "Unity Division".

Of course, I haven't read a new Marvel comic in 10 years now, so I only have the faintest idea of what's going on here and (thankfully, I presume) don't get the "hobo pee" reference at all.